A major Queensland State Government Department acknowledged that process redesign can be relatively quick, cheap and easy to implement and could achieve substantial improvements for its customers and staff. The Department also wished to present its process redesign achievements to its board of management and wished to move quickly to build on its current success in process improvement.
The objectives of engaging a contractor were to assist with process mapping and process improvement identification to:
- utilise the expertise and tools of a provider with expert knowledge in the field of process improvement
- rapidly identify a range of process improvement opportunities across the department
- receive advice on prioritisation of opportunities, and
- develop a catalogue of process maps of departmental processes that can be utilised for future business improvement activities.
The evaluation criteria was comprised of methodology, relevant experience and availability, value for money and time performance.
PRIME has been awarded the contract to document a range of departmental processes, identify and prioritise opportunities to optimise processes, and ensure quality in these processes.
PRIME provides the customer with an advantage in accelerating process performance and improvement. It is understood that the client will be presenting its process redesign achievements to its board of management in August 2014 and therefore wishes to move quickly to build on its current success in process improvement.
With considerable experienced and qualified expertise in business process management and process improvement PRIME is fully capable of responding to the brief’s objectives by quickly:
• Documenting of current state process maps
• Identifying, analysing, and prioritising process improvement opportunities
• Creating an electronic knowledge repository of documented processes
• Validating existing process documentation to Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) standards to ensure compliance with terminology and symbology
• The optional provision of a leading process mapping tool (recognised by 2014 Gartner EBPA)
• The optional provision of IIBA endorsed training to enhance, standardise and develop internal competencies and create a self-sufficient, continuous business improvement culture web security